Sunday, May 27, 2012

Songs for a New World

Today I had the privilege of going to Emily's musical production of Songs for a New World. It was nothing less than outstanding, which in itself,  is an understatement.

The amount of work that she put into that production was evident / crystal clear in every move an actor took, in every note a singer sung. It was beautifully choreographed, with each actor moving in tune with the melody and in sync with one another. Seeing Emily's project play out so very nicely makes me both excited, determined, anxious, and nervous for Strides for Sarah. I haven't been able to do much these past few days because I've been so busy during my birthday weekend / Marcie has been away. But, I did set up an account for the donation money and received a small amount from Alternatives, (50 dollars) .. but at least it's something!!

I talked to Liam Cody, who is a cross country runner and IHS alumn, and he says my course sounds fine -  two laps around the track, two boynton miles, two more laps around the track, but he suggested doing what I had planned last week, which is two extended boynton miles (the picture posted below) Each of those is about 1.58 miles.. but those trails will be harder to mark and lead people through. So tomorrow I am hopefully meeting with Marcie if she is back and going to IHS to plan together.

Besides that, our shirts are ordered, bib numbers are ordered, we have volunteers signed up, almost 70 attending on facebook, a helium tank for balloons, probable pizza from tops, and our various prizes.

A few things we still need

- traffic cones (markers)
- the final mark up of the course ( one of two plans)
- word back from mr bryant about playing music / announcements
- bakesale sign ups

No comments:

Post a Comment