Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hey all,


Sooo today was the sample presentation. Wow, it was quite something. Katherine Barden sure knows how to speak. Even though it seemed ( and was later revealed in her evaluation) that she had rushed at the end of her preparation and wasn't totally sure about how her project would go, she really commanded the audience and captured their attention. Her project was "SteamPunk" and that was certainly new to me. From what I understand after seeing her WISE presentation, steam punk is a sort of fantasy style, that incorporates renaissance-esque detail into metals, fabrics, and gadgets. It's an edgy style, a creative style. Katherine showed her progress well by showing that she began without really doing much, at least nothing hands-on, but ended up with four polished and diverse outfits, and many objects and jewelry pieces.

From this presentation, I learned that it is really important not to feel too rushed at the end of the WISE process, because it can really affect your work. There are a lot of written pieces and things to polish up and  all of that must be done well and diligently. AND then there is preparing the actual presentation and being able to talk for 30 minutes and then answer questions (wow...) I have never made a speech that long, so I am definitely going to need to practice a lotttttt...

I'm excited though, I think it's gonna be good!

I'm using prezi for my final presentation... which will look awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment